Please take our Museum Survey • Statistics 2014 • 2015 • KXAN Austin Recording Museum Update • view overview video of tape recorder collection • mobile video • more info
Bennie Wallace, Treasurer • Chris Theophilus, Secretary • Pat Washburn • Lloyd Cates • Miichael Murray • Martin Theophilsus, Acting Executive Director
Lloyd Cates-Architect - specializes in residential architecture with experience in light commercial projects. Lloyd is an active hot air balloon pilot and is President of the Central Texas Hot Air Ballooning Association.
Michael F. Murray
Mike is a native Texan and has lived in various cities around Texas all of his life, except for 4+ years in Pittsburgh, PA. After 12 years serving as a Presbyterian Pastor Mike entered the world of training and meeting facilitation. His work has taken him to all 50 states and 15 overseas countries, working with corporations, non-profits, government agencies and churches and church institutions. He has failed at "retirement" on two different occasions and is working hard to achieve this goal sometime in late 2013. Mike is married to Mary for 54 years and they have 4 children and six grandchildren. The focus of his work includes training and organizational facilitation on a range of topics, including: strategic planning, conflict management, community building, change management, spiritual growth, and leadership development.
Chris Theophilus, Secretary
Chris is Phantom's CEO & Administrative Director and manages the association with David Perkoff Music. Since 1991 she has coordinated an annual average of over 400 events with DPM. She also shoots HD video for Phantom - from entertainment events & hot air balloons, to corporate training events. Chris co-manages Phantom's University of Texas multimedia contract with the Texas Center for Disability Studies. Chris grew up in Sudbury, Suffolk, England and brings a wonderful international flavor to our services. Her love of animals includes her Rain Dancer, a Quarter horse, KD an Arabian and our German Shepherd Bonnie Bracken.
Chris has served in entertainment related organizations including:
- Board Member, Austin Lawyers and Accountants for the Arts
- Board Member, Austin Music Business Association
- Chairperson, International Committee, Austin Music Business Association
- Advisory Committee - Austin Community College Commercial Music Program
Martin Theophilus, Executive Direcor
Martin is the Multimedia & Production Director for Phantom, shooting and editing video, developing web sites, and is the IT manager. Martin develops web sites, produces training videos, marketing plans and consults with Phantom Productions' clients in areas of media. Born in Marfa, Texas and raised in Alpine, Texas, Martin migrated to the Austin music scene in 1978.
Martin has been active in building Austin's entertainment resources including:
- Member, National Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences (NARAS) - GRAMMY'S (since 1988)
- Member - Audio Engineering Society - (since 1982) Central Texas AES Treasurer (1980 -1985) & Treasurer/Web Administrator (2004 - 2006)
- Member, Entertainment Industry Task Force, Greater Austin Chamber of Commerce
- Chair, Austin Music Business Association
- Chair, Austin Community College Commercial Music Program ('88 -'91) - Initiated and developed two year degree program that integrates music business with music performance, concert staging, audio engineering, promotion, entertainment business, marketing, artist management, tour coordination, lighting among other production skills. Martin taught Music Business Marketing at ACC.
- Member, Austin Community College Business Management Advisory Board
- Board Member, Austin Chapter of the Texas Music Association
- Member, International Business Advisory Committee, Greater Austin Chamber of Commerce
- Chief Engineer - Austin Custom Records ('79 -'81)
Bennie Wallace, Treasurer
Bennie is Vice President and Co-Founder of Tapeandmedia.com, LLC . TapeandMedia.com was founded in 2000 and has offices in Austin, Texas and Danbury, Connecticut. The company specializes in the sale of blank magnetic media for audio, video and data storage.
Prior to co-founding TapeandMedia.com, Mr. Wallace was Vice President of Corporate Development and Director of PrimeEnergy Corporation in Stamford, CT. His responsibilities included managing the acquisition and development activities for the company and its’ partnerships. During his tenure at PrimeEnergy the company acquired interest and operations in about 1,200 producing oil and gas wells, primarily in Texas, Oklahoma and Louisiana. Additionally, he spearheaded a 3D Seismic and exploration program along the Gulf Coast of Texas and Louisiana.
Bennie grew up in Houston, Texas and is a Registered Professional Engineer in the state of Texas. He earned a Bachelor of Science in Petroleum Engineering from Louisiana State University and is a member of the Society of Petroleum Engineers.
Bennie has served as a trustee of the South Kent School, South Kent, Connecticut.
Thomas P. Washburn
Thomas P. (“Pat”) Washburn began working with Hector De Leon and for the firm, as a law clerk during his second year of law school in 1983, and has been with the firm continuously since that time. Mr. Washburn has extensive experience in various areas of the law, including business organizations, non-profit organizations and associations, transactions, insurance regulatory law, administrative law involving numerous state agencies, estate and probate, copyright and trademark, and litigation and appellate work. Mr. Washburn also performs pro bono legal services through Volunteer Legal Services of Central Texas.
Mr. Washburn is originally from Houston, Texas, and moved to Austin to attend The University of Texas for his undergraduate degree, a BBA in Accounting, and his law degree.
University of Texas at Austin, BBA (with honors), 1981
University of Texas School of Law, JD, 1984
Austin Bar Association
Texas Bar Association
Volunteer Legal Services of Central Texas