Pentron Corporation (Sound, Inc), 777 S. Tripp Ave., Chicago, IL - 1948 -1961
Equipment built by Sound, Inc. in 1947 included a radio Model 5R2 and an early amplifier MB7E8. In 1949 Harry A. Momson resigned as Vice President of Ampro, Corp to become VP and Director of Sales of Sound, Inc. In 1950, Pentron Sales Manager Irving Rossman announced that Pentron had acquired the assets and facilities of Sound, Inc., 221 Cullerton, Chicago, Illinois and will conduct future business at that address. By the middle 1950's Pentron had moved to Tripp Ave in Chicago. In 1956, a letter below shows that Irving Rossman eventually became President of Pentron.
PENTRON COUSINO "ECHO-MATIC II" MODEL E-20 SELF CONTAINED TAPE CARTRIDGE PLAYER
THIS UNIT(right)WAS MADE BY PENTRON COUSINO IN THE 1950'S, A PIONEER IN THE FIELD OF AUDIO TAPE CARTRIDGES. THESE WERE USED PROMINENTLY IN ARCADE GAMES, RIDES,ETC. ( SPECIFICALLY IN THE "GYPSY FORTUNE TELLER" ARCADE AMUSEMENT GAMES). THIS UNIT IS SELF-CONTAINED WITH THE PLAYER MECHANISM, AMPLIFIER AND SPEAKER. IT ALSO HAS A 1'4" INPUT THAT WILL ACCEPT A GUITAR OR MICROPHONE